What WOULD Joni Do?

Random thoughts and other ramblings

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

First Post of 2006

Well, since it is already January 4, guess I'll mark "Stop Procrastinating So Much" off the resolution list.

So, I bored you all with my complaining about last year. So, what am I gonna do to improve my lot in life this year? Hmmmm. (shut up Leemer)

1. Lose more weight. Specifically - let's say, 84 pounds. That is 7 a month. I'll try to provide monthly updates. If I do good.

2. Travel more often. Considering I work for a company that provides me with free flight benefits, I've been pretty bad about taking advantage of them over the last several years. I did do better last year, with trips to Chicago, Las Vegas, Washington, DC, Los Angeles, and a cruise that took me to Vancouver, Victoria, San Francisco, Santa Barbara and Los Angeles. This year, I'm thinking maybe I can repeat those same cities (same cruise with added stops in Astoria, Oregon and San Diego) along with trips to Savannah, Dallas and either Dublin or London. Hell, maybe even both.

3. Move along, nothing to see here.

4. Get a new and improved job. All those interviews last year have got to pay off at some point. And hopefully, they will pay off with some more cash. And if I get a new job, and I find it is not the right fit, I will do something about it quickly, instead of waiting for 8 years.

5. Sell old house for my asking price. Move to new house. Not that the selling part is too much within my control. But hopefully, by putting it out into the universe, it will happen. Sooner, rather than later, please.

6. Spend more time with the people I that love and that love me back. As opposed to spending more time with people I am trying to make love me. Or somesuch.

7. Completely read at least one new book a month. Now that may not sound like a lot. Because I love to read. But for some reason, I haven't been able to complete a book in years. I'll read bits and pieces of books, or start a novel only to never finish it. Well this year, I'm reading some of them all the way through to the very end.

8. Become more active in my community. Something I've always aspired to do, but never completely followed through on. Cause something good was always on TV or something. But, I have TiVo, so I really can't use that excuse anymore. Or for the last 3 years.

9. Write more.

10. One life improvement/resolution to be named later. Cause, I got to keep my options open. Hey, it works in baseball.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:25 AM, January 05, 2006, Blogger Leemer said…

    I like #9 the best, though #2 does get my pants all up in a twitter. (Not THE #2, but the #2 in your list. Do come visit the D/FW area!)

     
  • At 2:15 AM, January 05, 2006, Blogger Bonnie said…

    I wanna go on the cruise with y'all this year.

     
  • At 6:32 AM, January 06, 2006, Blogger Ali said…

    we ALL need to go on a cruise together.....

    if I believed in NY resolutions, I would say we all make that one some year when we're all in a better place financially

     
  • At 1:25 PM, January 06, 2006, Blogger Tony McCarthy said…

    Play the lottery more, spend less, drink the same, smoke less, eat less, exercise more, stay out of trouble with the law, drive the speed limit, stop running red lights, be less smarmy and have a good time, all the time.

    These are some of the things I may or may not do depending on my mood.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home