What WOULD Joni Do?

Random thoughts and other ramblings

Sunday, November 27, 2005

RIP JVC TV

Well, I was awoken this afternoon by the sound of my TV going on and off all by itself. Chuchunk - chuchunk - chuchunk. Except like really loud, and about a million times in a row.

After using my keen diagnostic abilities (i.e. - unplug TV, wait a few minutes, plug TV back in) I determined that my poor little JVC TV was a goner.

The worst part is, I have no other TV. And I love me some TV. I knew I could not survive very long without a TV. In fact, when I called my Mom to tell her what happened, her first comment was, "Oh my God! You need to get to the TV store now before they close!"

Now, I've been dreaming about a new TV for some time. I knew my next TV was going to be at least 42 inches, flatscreened and something I could hang on the wall over the fireplace. Yeah, that was the dream. The reality is that I've just taken the second pay cut this year due to my company being in bankruptcy, I'm struggling to make ends meet and I'm buying a new home at the first of the year so I'm having to pay off all my debt to ensure I get my loan.

So, the dream was inverted and the 42 inch became at 24 inch. At $149 it was the largest TV I could afford, and truthfully, I really couldn't afford that. My only hope at this point is that my Dad will take pity and offer to pay for all or part of it as a Christmas present. He is usually really good to cover whatever thing I mysteriously have die in the 6 weeks prior to Christmas each year. Last year it was my heating system. The year before that, my tires, and the year prior to that, my dishwasher.

So, I get home with the TV. So now, all I have to figure out is how I'm going to get the carcus of the dead JVC off the TV stand, get the new one out of my car and up a flight of stairs. Enter Tony.

In the dictionary next to the word awesome is a picture of Tony (see also - fantastic, greatest, godlike, and best friend in history.) Tony came to my rescue, set up the new TV, hooked up the DVD player and TiVo, carried the old TV to the basement and all he asked for in return was the empty box that the new TV came in. I think maybe he is going to make a fort out of it.

My Mom summed it up best when she said, "I wish I had a Tony." I wish everybody did too. Just not mine. Find your own

4 Comments:

  • At 1:16 AM, November 28, 2005, Blogger Bonnie said…

    1. Tony is greatness. No doubt. He just needs to blog more.

    2. Santa will take care of your TV for Christmas. Bullet is a good.

    3.

    4. I totally agree. Everyone needs a Tony. I think that's probably the episode of "Sex and the City" that they skipped over: the utilimale. We need him, we love him, he does nice things in exchange for like ice cream and hookups with our cutest friends. He's a good.

     
  • At 2:11 PM, November 28, 2005, Blogger Tony McCarthy said…

    I'll settle for the hookups with the cutest cousin.

     
  • At 3:52 PM, November 28, 2005, Blogger Bonnie said…

    *giggle*

     
  • At 3:56 AM, December 10, 2005, Blogger Unknown said…

    Dear Lord! No TV! "The horror...the horror..." Of course you could just read some good books...Our suggestions? Steve - "anything by Walter Mosley" Carrina - "anything by Dean Koontz" Reid - "anything by Karl Marx" Liana - "Mr. Puffer and the Penguins"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home